Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Birds

Several weeks ago I noticed  a bird's nest in the golden delicious tree that shades my dog's kennel.
A robin pair had set up housekeeping. I have carefully guarded the robin nest from curious little grandsons who have wanted to examine it up close and personal.
Several days ago when I went outside to feed Jade, my dog, Mr. and Mrs. Robin were flying around and chirping an alarm that equalled Homeland Security. A magpie had dared attempted to steal the eggs.
Now Mr. and Mrs. Robin are vigilantes, who are staking out the kennel for intruders. Apparently I'm an intruder. I cannot even go into Jade's kennel without getting attacked.
Yup, you read it right.
Remember Alfred Hitchcock's movie, The Birds? It scared the chickens out of me.
Well, that is nothing compared to two robins who have turned into Kamikaze pilots.
I'm not kidding.
They swoop around my head, batting their wings, chirping the alarm, attempting to do me harm. Me! Their NO. 1 protector.
Hell-LO!
So tonight when I go outside to feed my dog, I'm going to be armed with an umbrella.
Why?
Beaks are one thing.
Poop is another.

No comments:

Post a Comment