Thursday, July 12, 2012

Summer

It's is so hot outside.
Almost unbearable.
And there are fires. I've covered two in two weeks. That's nothing. The fires I've gone to any other time of the year would've been big deals, but in the context of all the wildfires that have happened in the past three weeks, they're minor league.
Fires tend to make you smell as if you've been camping. It doesn't matter that you have to go into the office. The fire doesn't care. It makes you smell.
And then it makes your clothes smell. And when you go home, the fire smell makes the clothes in the hamper smell, so the room where the hamper is will also smell and the smell goes on, until you can get the clothes cleaned.
It's so hot outside.
Almost unbearable.
And there's the plants in pots and the flowers in beds that need water. Lots and lots of water. Not like once every other day or so, but almost daily and if they're in pots, twice a day.
It's so outside.
Almost unbearable.
And my dog needs to go for walks, but she's upchucked every time we've gone two miles. And that's in the early morning hours. I'm concerned. She got really sick a week ago when she dumped out her water on a Saturday when it first got really outside. I thought she was going to die. But we got her to cool down, but she's not ready to walk more than two miles, let alone run.
It's so outside.
Almost unbearable.
My freezer is full of ice cream treats., like Fat Boy Sundaes. I love those.
They are my favorites.
I think I will have one tonight after I walk the dog and water the plants and wash my clothes.
Yes, I covered a grass fire today and I can smell it.

No comments:

Post a Comment