Friday, June 3, 2011

3rd Day to Happier me -- Don't procrasinate

What are the five things I've been meaning to do and haven't done ---yet?


  1. Clean my laundry room.

  2. Go through my clothes and actually get rid of things I honestly don't wear.

  3. Clean the garage.

  4. Weed my flower gardens.

  5. Save $10,000.

OK, according to the journal thingee I'm following I should now list the concrete steps I'm going to take to accomplish the last one because it is the hardest thing for me to accomplish.


OK, I've saved quite a bit in my 401k. I have put money in my all nine of my grandchildren's accounts every month now for years. Put for me to have a personal savings account.


First let's take about why I cannot/won't save money for me. Do I think I'm not worth it? Or do I just plain enjoy spending the bucks on myself and others?


In order for me to save $10,000 in a year's time: I would have to salt away almost $200 a week.


So maybe I should bring the amount down a bit: Let's save $5,000 in a year.


I can try to do that. I can put $50 aside every other week and $150 aside every other week.


I will have to not spend money on silly things, like the cutest T-shirts on clearance or extra snacks.


I will let you know how I do let's see by July 3. I will make the third of each month my reporting date.



Now to the flower gardens:


Yes, GARDENS. Several years ago I decided I wanted to try my hand at planting flowers. At first everything went nice and looked great. But now the lilies have overtaken the front garden and grass has invaded my roses. This will require me to get on my hands and knees and pull. Also a shovel. So next week I'll let you know how I did. OK, next Friday, June 10.



The garage is a bit trickier. I'd just haul a bunch of that stuff away, except Rod has stored most of the stuff in there. So first chance I get, I'm moving the cars out of the way, vaccum and sweep. Maybe pull some of the stuff out from under the stairs and, yes, toss it.


I'm not exactly a horder, but I do hord. You can tell by looking at my laundry/sewing/yarn room. I need to think on how to make that room look better.


As one wise woman told me, an elephant is eaten one bite at a time.



No comments:

Post a Comment